RE: [DML] Re: Question and strange car show behavior

RE: [DML] Re: Question and strange car show behavior

Hmmm...

I think it is important to restore or replace about everything that is NOT
RIGHT on *any* 25 year old car, whether those problems were present as the
car came off the line or if they crept into the car over time. Once that is
done, the the car will be reliable!  That holds true for a DeLorean,
Porsche, MG, Ferarri, Triumph, Land Rover, Rolls, Chevy, Pontiac, Ford - you
name it.

BTW, for me, *part* of the fun of working on these 25 year old cars IS
working on them. Eventually, once everything is sorted out, I think they are
as reliable as any other 25 year old car that someone has taken the time and
care to restore to the point of reliability.

At any car show there are usually lots of '57 Chevys, '69 Camaros, '65
Mustangs etc. They are clearly reliable cars that the owners have no second
thoughts about driving around in spite of their age. Why? Well look at them
closely and you will see that they have done complete jobs of replacing and
restoring just about everything. (Quite often a much more complete job than
most DeLorean owners have done with their cars.)

My $.02 worth.

-Joe Kuchan