Re: [DML] Re: Question and strange car show behavior

Re: [DML] Re: Question and strange car show behavior

> providing that you don't have a fuel pump problem,

Not on the DMC, yes on the 10 year-newer Ford pickup. Also a severe
fuel-sender problem on one of the tanks, you didn't write that one down.

high idle, computer burn out,

Again, on the Ford, not the DMC. And actually, even the Ford has been pretty
nice to me.

brake system and all the hoses your car should be pretty safe.

Just the Ford again... though the D has hit 40k, so I really ought to
inspect the pads for wear.

of your car as long as your door lock solenoids are working OK.
> If your AC fan stops blowing, I hope you can roll your windows down
> because
> most people can't.

Damn Ford again.. stupid locks still a pain (elec borked, passenger movement
nigh impossible) and window motors near death. DMC is a-ok.

Sure, the PRV and the DeLorean is a pretty good and reliable car as long as
> you
> pretty much restore and replace about everything on the car.
> Of course, a 20+ year old car needs work... but the problems

So I don't know. There were some issues coming off the line, but comparing
~10k units including pre-production to what Ford does for a new model let
alone an F-150 that has been around forever (Noah owned right after he got
rid of the big boat) and I think it is suprisingly bug free. My old Ford may
or may not catch fire after I use the cruise control. It's a gamble. I've
spent way more on the Ford this year than I have in the DMC in two, and I
begrudge every dollar on it because I adore the D and want to improve it a
bit.
Don't get me wrong. It's a nice pickup-- roomy and strong. It just needs a
lot of paint, it's got some rattles, needs working locks and windows, needs
a fuel sender fixed, the A/C might be about to give me some issues.
But I'd rather just drive it and spend the money on the performance exhaust
from DMCH to get that fun sound and a wee bit more power. The Hyundai's
don't generally give me any trouble, but there are some others that I could
use a bit more power.

-Kevin