[DML] Delorean is reliable for those that know what they are doing.

[DML] Delorean is reliable for those that know what they are doing.

I find the cars very reliable. And something that I find reassuring is as
you know I have put 6 DeLoreans back on the road with the cars that had not run
for years.  In one case it had not run in 10 years.  That car in  particular
is the best running car I did and the engine was no problem.

The PRV is an easy engine to get running since most of the problems are on
top and NOT in the engine itself.

Put the car back the way it is supposed to be and turn the key.

For those at the Chicago Tech session a  few years ago that car was a
disaster but in one day it was cleaned out enough that it started and I actually
drove it that evening.

I work on Jaguars, Mustangs and a variety of other  cars and I would work on
a D over them any day.
1  I can get  parts reasonably priced
2. I can reach the stuff in the car and work on it
3. It so far has always worked once together
4. There is great support

So if you have a problem take it to a mechanic that knows what they are
doing.  But most people work on their own and this car is good for  that.

The next raffle car need some cosmetic work but after not running for about
5 years we fired it up in Chicago again and I have driven it every day
RELIABLY.  It has become my daily driver and I am loving it.

So if your car is not reliable

Do your preventative maintenance and get your car up to good working
condition and enjoy driving a great car.

PS

I have been driving an automatic and despite having less get up and go than
the stick
I like how it drives in the city and after I raffle off this one I may  start
looking at cars again with a preference towards the automatic.

Ken