RE: [DML] Door Strut Debate and use of real names

RE: [DML] Door Strut Debate and use of real names

Hi Dick,

Once again you hit the nail on the head. It's good to be old and wise! It's
even better to be young and wise but that's a bit of an oxymoron. Even Video
Bob is on my side on this! In a court of law you have the right to face your
accuser but on the internet you can say whatever you want and hide behind a
moniker. To say you're concerned for your privacy is ridicules. How do I
know these posts were not from a competitor to undermine our products? I'm
sure these are legitimate posts but if these people had a business and their
products were unfairly (IMHO) critiqued I'll bet they would want to know by
whom? Treat people the way YOU would want to be treated. None of these
individuals, as far as I can tell without a name, has contacted me with
their concerns. I'm a little annoyed that a lift piston design that I sold
successfully for twenty two years is suddenly proclaimed as inferior by
three relative newcomers. The only valid comparison test (Completed by the
very methodical Rich Gendreau in 2002) rated ours and Hervey's (he was
buying them from us at the time) rather highly but there was no clear-cut
winner. I have his report if anyone is interested. I still think these are
the best overall struts but stopped using them for the reasons stated
previously. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but identifying
yourself would be the polite thing to do.

Rob Grady