[DML] DOT 5 Brake questions

OK,
This is the smartest bunch of folks on the net so here it is. I
drained, flushed, filled, and pressure bleed with DOT 5. I know that
it is slightly compressible so it will not perform as well as the
castro. DONT put it in CLUTCH- I am good with that too. I sent in
some masters off another car to Apple brake cylinder service to
sleeve and make kits. He said to use Valvoline SynPower High
Performance Dot 4 Brake Fluid. He said that DOT 5 eats rubber- WHAT?
I thought that stuff was inert! I know that he builds brakes
everyday, but I trust you guys more. Do I need to get that DOT  5
out or is this guy confused?
Charles Major