[DML] Re: DOT 5 Brake questions

Probably too late if there is any damage to be caused - I doubt if
you will notice anything or cause any damage though. I put silicone
fluid DOT 5 in my D clutch system years ago to keep moisture out of
the slave cylinder. Worked great - stopped going through slave
cylinders too. The Valvoline SynPower brake fluid is a low moisture
type of fluid and synthetic base. It appears ideal for the DeLorean
brakes and clutch.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charlesdos Mavor"
<charlesmajor@xxxx> wrote:

> OK,
> This is the smartest bunch of folks on the net so here it is. I
> drained, flushed, filled, and pressure bleed with DOT 5. I know
that
> it is slightly compressible so it will not perform as well as the
> castro. DONT put it in CLUTCH- I am good with that too. I sent in
> some masters off another car to Apple brake cylinder service to
> sleeve and make kits. He said to use Valvoline SynPower High
> Performance Dot 4 Brake Fluid. He said that DOT 5 eats rubber-
WHAT?