[DML] Factory RHD cars -or- "Dan is Bored."

[DML] Factory RHD cars -or- "Dan is Bored."

I'm sorry you're bored, Dan. Let me get things exciting for you, by
throwing a little more gasoline onto this discussion.

Now that we've established that anything built after VIN #500 is NOT
a facotry pre-production vehicle, let's tackle the other issue of RHD
cars, and why I totally agree with Chris Parnham.

Since their completions were not products of a functioning production
line that was specificly intended for Right Hand Drive vehicles, we
cannot call them "RHD Production Cars".

HOWEVER, these vehicles, were converted to right hand drive, whilst
their legal ownership was retained by DMCL, and BEFORE they were
released from the factory for public sale/distribution. Sure, the
work was farmed out to Wooler Hodec, for the conversion process. BUT,
since this work occured BEFORE the cars offered for public sale
and/or distribution, these vechilces are therefore "Factory RHD".
They may not be "Production RHD", but they are factory built,
regardless of where, and by whom the work was performed, since it
occured before it was for sale to the general public, and no specific
guidelines had yet been layed down, as to what specifications
a "Production RHD" car needed to meet.

Since there are no Production Specifications that these cars must
adhere to, that allows for variances such aerials, foglights, marker
light colors/placement/absence, etc... The same goes for the "Factory
Euro-Spec", LHD cars. Not "Production" vehicles, since there was no
assembly line/finalized standards that they had to be held to. But
these are "Factory" vehicles none the less.

These cars were *produced* by the factory, but were NOT "production"
vehicles, as they did not come from a production line.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Deutsch" <danrc30@xxxx> wrote:

> Man is this thread boring!