[DML] Re: The EARLY Deloreans

I maybe totally wrong,as I have no "direct proof" I am basing it on
a article written in the DW magazine,back in 1987,when this type of
info was easier to gather,
I am just assumeing that the Delorean Factory,Consolidated
Leasing,The California Tech Center,a Mr.Tim Baranski(i think) from
the Classic car center,and Dave Kunk,and Delorean World knew what
they are/were talking about,as that is where this info was gleemed
from,plus the fact that since I had gotten vin 00570,back around
1989,I have kept my eyes out for any low vin Deloreans to
surface,and in all that time I have seen very very few low vin cars
surface,maybe about a dozen or so,you have to ask yourself what
happened to them that they never surfaced,sure it could be possible
that a collector here and there might have one that has yet to
surface,but the fact,that the bulk of these cars,just plain
disappeared,from the days when the factory was still in business,is
highly suspect,could  QAC or the factory have used them for
parts or other? uses.Again NOT saying they did,but for the last 15
years,this question has been bugging me.Where have those early cars
gone,they were MADE,but where did they disappear to,as they were
ASSIGNED Vins,(and the vin lists show that they were being used,in
one fashion or other)and saying that,if those
were "sellable",cars,then if anyone could just prove that they left
the factory or QAC and were sold,that would solve a 15 plus
mystery,of where ARE the MISSING Deloreans.
Again can anyboby PROVE that they acutally left the factory(or QAC)
and were NOT destroyed(the missing cars not the ones that surfaced)
or at least were sold in some way,AFTER the factory stopped using
those cars for their purposes.As they were NOT considered "new" cars
anymore,and therefore,could NOT be sold thru the DMC dealers,again I
know for a fact that vin 570,was NEVER a sold thru any DMC
dealership,but thru a liquidator.AFTER the plant shut down.(not
kapac)

The other question you have to ask yourself would a car such as vin
502 been "sold" to the general public(as this was a company mule car)
if the Company had not folded.My guess would be No.
That car and others like it most likely survived ONLY because they
became liquid assets during lean times before or after the company
shut down.

One last mystery HOW did the company dispose of those first 500
Black bodies? That would be a hell of a lot of wasted company money
on both labor and material and disposal costs. So the company
was "not" afraid to dispose of a big lot of items,in one fashion or
other.What one possibility is that those black shells were cut into
sections,to try to sell for Body shell repairs or other? Could those
missing Deloreans gone the same route(recycled as parts for the
assembley line cars or for QAC to cannablise for cars at QAC,this is
only a guess,and NOT fact.

Regards
Claude