[DML] Re: The EARLY Deloreans

I tend to agree with Robert on this one. And let's think about it
this way: DMCL couldn't have afforded to allot the first 150 cars
for strictly factory uses never to be sold to the public. The
company was already very late in getting the cars into production,
and were strapped for cash. They had already practiced assembly on
the "black cars." Why would they continue to essentially throw out
money by keeping these first cars for company use when they could be
used for badly needed profit and in turn, PR? They needed to get the
cars into customer hands ASAP. At the same time there were needs for
tests cars and the like, and being that the cars were now being mass
produced all they had to do was chose several. Undoubtedly they
would use some of the early cars just to get these necessary evils
out of the way, and also because they likely knew the first run of
cars would be a bit "cobby" and it would be better to go ahead and
use the needed amount of cars with these early production cars
instead of using higher quality later cars which would be better
suited for retail buyers. I have no doubt that a handful of the
first 150 cars had some sort of company usage, be it for PR
purposes, training for workers by rebuilding them, company cars,
etc; but I have never seen any evidence that this ENTIRE run of cars
was to be used SOLELY for company purposes and NOT meant for general
public consumption. Sorry Claude, but you can't badger us into
believing the first 150 cars were not for the public by repetedly
insisting your viewpoint is correct, when you really have no
evidence to back up these claims. If you can get JZD or another big
wig factory rep to come out and say your viewpoint is correct then I
might change my mind. But otherwise I see no conclusive evidence to
back up any of your ideas.

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC