[DML] Re: The EARLY Deloreans

It would seem that you took some early mis-information and tried to
use it to make your car seem more valuable than it really is. In any
case you no longer own vin 570 so what is your point? Even Johnny
Carson's car was owned by DMC but it is not valuable because of it's
low vin and no one is saying it is. As far as the "black" bodies they
could have been mixed in to the production of the early cars as most
of the parts that were on them must have been. Most of your knowledge
of Deloreans is from 20 years ago and much of it is incorrect
especially your removal method for doors. Your claim that you "didn't
have a manual" doesn't mean they didn't exist, only that you never
read it for the correct procedure. I cannot recall in any printed
matter anything saying any vin after 500 was not a "Production" car.
Even the cars dedicated to company purposes WERE production vehicles,
ie, they were made on a production line, they were just intended for
company purposes and maybe, eventually, for sale maybe to the
employees or the general public. In any case it is a BIG leap to say
they were intended for destruction. It is fairly common for auto
companies to sell thse kinds of cars to their employees. Eventually
the employees would have sold them to the general public. Events
changed everyone's plans. After vin 500 every car had all the
paperwork to be able to title and register. A pre-production car that
was never intended for sale to the public would not have the
necessary, origional paperwork and would not have a vin plate with a
vin #. It would look like Pilot #25. Your arguments trying to make vin
570 more valuable only continue to perpetuate misinformation as does
your advice on door removal.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757