AW: [DML] DMC to be in a new PS2 game

Alex,
you make it really complicated but the more I think about it,
the harder it gets to find the truth.
I don't know about the law and stuff like that.
But I can tell you that the Delorean isn't recognized as a
European or not even as a British car over here.

The same way as you asked if Chrysler is European (in this case German) now,
I could ask you if you think a Mercedes is now American ? Well, NO WAY !

This discussion has been on several times. In fact at least once a year.
To us over here it is an american car built with many european parts
(what a luck - it's metric ! ;-) ).

Has anybody ever asked JZD that question ?

Elvis & 6548

So if I understand what your saying, then we would now consider Dodge and
Chrysler to be European cars?  Because they are owned by Daimler Chrysler,
they would be manufactured by a British company and as such be considered
European cars?
Weren't there DMC offices in Europe as well?  I am also curious why you
discount the funding source. I thought something like 3/4 of the money came
from the British governement.  And it wasn't the U.S. that shut down the
company, it was the brits.  Maybe I dont have my facts straight but I
thought for sure that the british goverment owned a clear majority of the
Delorean motor company.  I know that towards the end of 1982 JZD tried to
hand over all his remaining rights to the DMC and they (brit gov) wouldnt
take it.  If its an American company why would he hand over the remaing
stock to the british goverment?  I believe if DMC was based in the US but a
foreign entity owned the majority of the company it would not make it
american.  The question is WHO IS THE DELOREAN MOTOR COMPANY?

""DeLorean Motor Company (or at least some reflexive affiliate)
>manufactured the car, and DMC was based in the US, so the car is an
>American car, by all standards.""

I would love to hear some more opinions about this.  I don't believe it to
be an open and shut case.