Re: [DML] Super Charged/EFI

Hi Steve

My R25 Turbo engine has the dizzy on the end of the RH cylinder head
towards the back of the car (talking DeLorean here - ie it's above the
alternator). There is so much evidence of different types of mounts for
anything and everything that it's easy to see that this is just one
version of the PRV. I'm replacing all the ancillaries with DeLorean ones
simply because I happen to have most of them, and I'm going
distributorless as well because this allows the AC compressor,
alternator and water pump to be eactly the same. (BTW I looked long and
hard at the TEC3 but fell off my chair at the price - I'm going with the
SDS system I think because although not as technically advanced, it does
(almost) everything I want, and I'm sold on the programmer box!)

The heads themselves have two sets of mounts for the intake manifold -
one of which lines up with the smaller Ren intake manifold, and the
other is consistent with the DeLorean one.

Putting the dizzy on the end of the cam makes much more sense as it's
far more accessible and doesn't need to do anything more than simply
generate a signal for the ECU, and distribute the spark.

The later 3 litre 12v PRVs were found in the Renault Espace, Laguna,
Peugeot 605  and the Citroen XM. One of the latter was on ebay UK about
6 months ago, no reserve, starting at £85 (about $160) with ECU and
everything. It didn't get a single bid. From our perspective though the
Renaults are the desirable ones because the flywheel is exactly what we
need and has the crank trigger on it (in a stupid 66-3 setup though).
All that'd be required is a Bellhousing off any of the UN1 equipped
EFI-engined Renaults for it all to just fall together in a DeLorean.

Martin