Re: [DML] Super Charged/EFI

Martin, another thing I noticed on the Eagle heads is
that they do not have the hole drilled where the
Delorean's distributor goes.  There is a boss there
where it could be machined, but it's not opened up.
The early Eagle (88-90) uses a distributor mounted
directly on the front of the LH cam while the later
(91-92) uses a distributorless ignition system with a
plug in the hoel where the 88-90 distributor went.

I've also been told that the intakes manifolds and
heads on the different PRV's series won't interchange.
 (i.e. you cannot mount a Delorean intake to the Eagle
heads.) I haven't confirmed this though.

--- Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Eagle Premier is a Renault engine and the
> injectors fire into the
> intake manifold just inboard of the inlet ports on
> the head. The heads
> themselves have no holes for injectors however they
> do have the mounts
> for the DeLorean intake manifold, and vice-versa. I
> don't know if the
> DeLorean's cams will fit in the Renault/Eagle engine
> to allow the
> Renault heads to be used on the DeLo's odd-fire
> block (all the EFI PRV's
> are even-fire - the shared journal on the crank has
> an offest between
> shells)
>
> Martin
>
> Marc Levy wrote:
>
> >Did you look in to using injectors from a 3.0L
> Eagle
> >Premier?  They should work.
> >
> >Jim Witherspoon did a nice EFI conversion on his
> >DeLorean.  I think that car has since been sold,
> but
> >if you search the DML archives you can find his
> >messages on the topic where much detail was
> provided.

> team, please address:
> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

> sale see www.dmcnews.com