DELOREAN FIXED (MY STORY) RE:TRANSMISSION AND CAR INSURANCE

DELOREAN FIXED (MY STORY) RE:TRANSMISSION AND CAR INSURANCE

I only hope the shop in South Florida that did the transmission repair is not G.T Car Center in Ft. Lauderdale, they work on exotic cars. Among the many complaints: had my Delorean there for over 2 1/2 months for you guessed it transmission installed, not ever repaired. I installed the clutch myself first took it into the JAG SHOP. Where they told me I had the wrong clutch on the car (I didn't). I don't even think they looked at it as it sat there for 8 weeks same spot back lot (blocked in). I had enough and had it towed to G.T Car Center. Well I waited and waited and waited while I was waiting I noticed another Delorean(hope it was not the one on the list).
Anyway, after they installed the tranny, and $1300 later and other misc. work done. I picked it up but it would not shift into all the gears(just fixed that a couple days ago) so I bought it back. They insisted they would fix it and that it needed a tune-up. Giving them the benefit of the doubt(I won't do that again) I reluctantly gave them permission for the tune-up. Well that turned into fuel problems i.e injectors and a new F.D-I don't think so!
Well 7 weeks later and after seeing my Delorean on a weekly basis getting worse(It didn't even accelerate above idle only stalled and sputtered), it ran fine before! So I told them I was taking it out of the shop. Especially when they tell me they are looking for parts at a nearby junkyard and witnessing the mechanic playing with the 3 brass screws on the top of the butterfly valves in an effort to mask a major problem.
Here's the good part they wanted another $600 for the work. I said what work, almost all the parts I supplied(injectors, C.V boots)! When I told them I was not paying a dime for damaging my Delorean, they called me every name in the book, as I moved my two cars off the property and left! I disputed the 1st charge with the credit card, always use a credit card, and WON!
Morale-DON'T LET ANYONE WORK ON THE FUEL SYSTEM UNLESS YOU KNOW THEY CAN FIX OR REPAIR IT 100% I MEAN 100%.

It took many many months to figure out the problems they caused and could not have done it without the DELOREAN COMMUNITY-THANKS EVERYONE!
Problems:Fuel hoses connected wrong at the fuel pump(OH BOY)-THAT" IT'S
Total blockage of CAT (they did something-enriched the mixture?)
Blockage of valve for dist. advance (silicone in hole of soild. valve) not advancing
New injectors and new seals for intake manifold(ALL)
Readjust throttle linkage (sticking)
NOTE: JUST BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR SMALL PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY