Re: Supercharger help

All of this is great advice. In general if you take the "road less
traveled" and go off on your own trying to design things yourself it
takes a lot more time and money than going with what already is
available and works. If you are unfamiliar with this type of thing
then maybe you should consider Island Turbo and their 2 turbo set-up.
They can be reached @ 800-303-1924, This is not a plug, only a
possible option if you are going in this direction. If you are not
doing the actual work yourself but instead are going to have a shop
experiment for you then you should have "deep pockets" as they are
going to be learning on your dime. Also this is a case where "If a
little is good a lot is better" NOT!!!!!! Any boost over 6 PSI will
damage your engine, less if the mixture leans out or the timing is too
advanced. I also don't think an automatic should have forced
induction. The transmission in the Delorean is not robust enough to
live a long time especally if you push it hard. The manual is more
rugged and even it will be damaged by rough handling. No less an
authority than Fred Dellis (of Legend Industries) has said that they
could get all the power out of the PRV-6 that they needed, the weak
point is the transmission. DMC spent MILLIONS with Legend Industries
and they could not get around the transmission problem. The long term
answer (acording to Fred) was that they were planning to get away from
the French and source another transmission and final drive. If you do
boost the engine remember to to something about the vacuum modulater
on the automatic transmission (it need vacuum to soften the shifts).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Benson" <delornut@xxxx> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> You've asked a number of technical questions of which answers
require entire
> books to be written. You definitely need to do some research and gain a
> thorough understanding of what changes arise in the combustion
process when
> going to a boosted intake system.You'll find opinions here on the
list, some
> with credentials and others merely speculative but there is so much
more to
> this than a few simple paragraphs on the list can cover. An
excellent source
> for books on super and turbocharging is www.classicmotorbooks.com. I
notice