Re: Choppy wipers / leaks

Robert - As far as the choppy wipers, it can be caused by an overly
agressive wiper blade configuration creating too much "stiction", or
worn linkage in the wiper system. Some of these modern "upgraded"
wiper blades that have multiple blades, etc. tend to not work as well
as a good quality single blade setup like OEM. I'm not sure that any
of that applies to your case, but ...

The water in the passengers footwell is probably coming from the
drain tube in the air intake box being plugged. There is a rubber
tube (part number 105909) with a 90 degree bend that can become
clogged with stuff from the outside. Remove the tube, clear it out,
and reassemble. The water seepage at the door corners could be
caused by water wicking through in the headliner fabric. Make sure
that there is no fabric edge extending beyond the edging on the door
seal. You may even want to seal along the edge of the door seal with
clear sealant to prevent any wicking. Make sure all drain paths down
from the upper door channels to both front and rear are free of
blockage. Welcome to my world - the Pacific Northwest, where there
is always a chance of rain.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 (Winged1)
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com