Choppy wipers / leaks

Does anyone else have the problem with "choppy wipers"?
What I mean is, the wipers do not glide smoothly, but rather are
choppy across the windshield.
I have new 22" Triple-Edge wipers, the windshield is clean
and has been recently treated with Rain-X.
None of this has helped.
Any ideas?

Also, my car lives outside in the driveway.
When it rains heavy I have trouble with leaks.
I find a very wet carpet under the passenger seat.
It doesn't seem to be coming from up top because the seat,
or console, or no path downward shows a trail of water.
It seems to be coming from down below.
Also, each of the corners of the top of the door where
the sunvisors are.
Just the corners get a little wet.

It is getting annoying.
- VB