Re: [DML] Heads up on oil pressure sender cross parts reference

Re: [DML] Heads up on oil pressure sender cross parts reference

Volvo 760 this side of the pond did not have a pressure sender, neither did the Renault 30, they both relied on the oil pressure SWITCH located on opposite side of engine, just behind AC pulleys. DeLorean has both. This is a sprung loaded piston.

Martin

supermattthehero wrote:

I had a fun experience this week trying to find an oil pressure sender replacement locally. On the cross-parts reference, a Volvo part is listed. So I called a Volvo dealership and asked them to send me the part, well, they said it was replaced with a newer part and could overnight it to me for free, so I purchased it for about $30. It wasn't even close. Wrong size threads, and had a spring loaded piston on it. So, I would like to warn everyone else that the part number in the cross reference list is wrong and won't thread into your block.