Re: [DML] Heads up on oil pressure sender cross parts reference

Re: [DML] Heads up on oil pressure sender cross parts reference

It's a Volvo engine but the ancilliaries - water pump, ac compressor - everything you'd recognise, are common to the Renault 30, hence the confusion. Renault never made a 2.85 engine, only 2.7 and 3.0. Internals are 100% Volvo although many things not specific to capacity, are same on Renault 30 block.

Martin

D F wrote:

This brings up a question.
I here that this engine cross references with Volvo parts, I heart that it is a Renault, and I hear that it is a Peugot.
What's the real story here? What other cars was this engine actually in. I have heard more about it being a Renault than a Volvo...
So, who knows the truth.. Where was this engine built?
Dale Funk
4984