Re: Heads up on oil pressure sender cross parts reference

Re: Heads up on oil pressure sender cross parts reference

There are TWO oil pressure sender units. One is a spring loaded piston
device that lights the oil light. It lives on the left side of the
motor and is the one you got. The other lives by the oil filter and
runs the oil pressure gauge. It is a large round shaped thing. Volvo
wouldn't know about it, only the one on the left side which is prone
to leak. This should teach you that it is always better to deal with
the Delorean venders whenever you can. If you had to order it you
might just as well order it from one of them. They would have sent you
what you REALLY needed. The one you got in Autozone will make the oil
pressure gauge actually work correctly. If you try to use an oil
filter other than Perflux you might have to use a small angle fitting
to get a little more room. Next time when you talk to a Volvo dealer
tell them the engine is a PRV-6 B28 F. That they will recognize.
Black Again works well on the black plastic. Scratches can be removed
with polishing compound.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxx>