[no subject]

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: The subject of this post was modified to more accuratelyreflect the new informative content of the post. The oil thread is dead.]

In a message dated 1/5/04 7:42:00 PM Central Standard Time, hmcelraft@xxxxxx
writes:
All this means that I believe, after researching a lot of
information, the best oil for my DeLorean is Valvoline SynPower 5w-
40 (I live in NJ) and the best filter is a Hastings or NAPA Gold oil
filter (I have the elbow on the oil gauge sender to make room). If I
lived in Minnesota or Arizona I would use the same thing.

I change the filter every time I change oil â once every twelve
months or 6,000 miles.

Harold McElraft - 3354
<<<<<<
Harold,

you are right on about everything that has to do with oil and reading the
weight lingo and such, but i think most owners are convinced that the purflux
filter is a better match to the engine than either Hastings or NAPA Gold. Do the
ones you use have an anti-drain back valve? if not, you could be wearing your
engine down every time you start it for just a few cents savings!! i have
never tried either of those two.

Andy