Re: [DML] IT'S FINALLY RUNS

In a message dated 12/31/03 9:57:03 AM Central Standard Time,
john_podlewski@xxxx writes:
Found out it was the CAT blocked or clogged, whatever, anyone know where to
get a bypass"test pipe" in the U.S, other than going to the muffler shop? I'm
not looking forward to spending $$$ on a new CAT if I don't have to. Don't
know if they will do the work yet I will find out next year, THANKS AGAIN!
<<<<<<<<<<
Netherlands DeLorean Club has the eliminator pipe. about $100 i think. More
efficient than a hollowed-out cat (turns exhaust gasses into a swirling
whirlpool), but the cost may be too much for some. I would avoid paying someone an
hourly rate to install a new cat or eliminator pipe. It's a little more
difficult than your typical Honda, not to mention many parts will probably be too
rusty to work with. Since you have been w/o a running car for so long, you
should do it yourself and powdercoat all the muffler brackets and such while you
are at it. the muffler heatshield will probably be unusable by the time you
are done too!

Andy