Re: PRV oil distribution problems

Some people claim Volvo "fixed" reported oil passage problems with
B28, but one of my factory manuals covering both blocks -- which goes
into great detail of differences in pistons, valves, and camshafts --
makes no mention of any difference in engine oiling system. I think
passages are the same. I also think many people who experience
lubrication problems simply failed to change their oil regularly.

Was recent discussion in another DeLo Group about oil changes. Some
owners felt 7 quart capacity enabled longer than normal interval
between changes. Others felt oil changes were only mileage dependent,
not age dependent (can leave oil in sparsely driven car for years). I
strongly disagree about both. Old oil, or heavily used oil, does not
flow well, can become "clumpy", and is reportedly acidic. Not only is
an oil change one of the cheapest and easiest procedures to perform,
but I think is key to engine longevity.

My change interval on all cars is 2,500 miles BTW. Have none logging
less than that at least every 9 months, so I don't worry about
seasonal oil changes.

Am indeed very happy with my French PRV, but don't think Swedish
rendition is as bad as that Brickboard quote made it seem. You'll
notice on those Volvo bulletin boards that owners either love B27/B28
and get hundreds of thousands of miles from them, or hate them and
lament the day they bought a 60 series (no one noncommittal in the
middle). I suspect difference is as simple as routine maintenance...

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rbrogren@xxxx wrote:
> Volvo ended up screwing the oil system and therefore the Volvo PRV
V6 which
> can be found in the DeLorean (it has a Renault transmission however)
is not