Re: History of PRV

Thanks Bill, that made for some interesting reading!

Evidently the original design was started as a joint venture by Pegueot and
Renault in 1969, then they joined forces with Volvo in 1971 and the three
formed a joint company, PRV, PLC, in Douvrin, France. The first engine was pruduced
in 1974. Each of the companies made some changes and evidently it was Volvo
that messed up the oiling system in their pre-1980 versions. I guess we have to
thank them all for the asinine coolant distribution system!

The most interesting part is that the original design was intended to be a
V-8!
I have copied a part from "Swedish Bricks" below about that, but what he
didn't say is that Volvo fixed the oil pump, oil galleys and camshaft hardening
problems before the Volvo-PRV engines were shipped to DMC

Thanks again!
Roger

In a message dated 12/18/2003 10:38:03 PM Central Standard Time,