Re: Corrado I inspected the Eugene car.

I went to Eugene and inspected the car. I was surprised to see that
it is an 83 and manufactured in the same month as my car with very
close vin numbers. My vin is 16683.

I took a look at the auction on ebay as well and the seller is very
honest about this car. They include many photos and much information.
I wasnt able to take photos of my own, however, here is what I
gathered from my inspection:

The front fascia is straight! No "eyebrows" at all.
Underside of front fascia is missing 2 bolts, not a serious issue.
The front sway bar is missing almost all of its coating and has a lot
of surface rust. The bar is solid however.

At the front right wheel one of the tow-hooks is bent downwards,
along with a small triangular section if sheet metal that it is
attached to from the corner of the frame where the crumble tube
extension connects to the main frame. Where it ripped free and bent
is rusted. It didnt look severe, and I believe that this could be
fixed relatively easily by cutting out the bad part and welding in a
small peice of metal. Or maybe it could be cleaned and bent back into
position and welded.. But even bent as it is, the car is drivable. It
looks to be minor damage.

The car still has the plastic coolant bottle, and the original "bosch
blue" ignition coil.
Weather stripping is all intact, but needs reglued around the drivers
door.

The rear fascia is warped/melted towards the bottom exactly in the
center, apparently from muffler heat. This is visible in the photos
but easy to miss. Not too serious in my opinion.

Wheels have a normal amount of wear/scuffing, except the front right
wheel which is scuffed all the way around the outside edge.

A small piece of carpet is peeling off from the trunk bonnet. But
other than that the trunk area is very clean and carpet is good
except the small section i mentioned.

The shifter boot is super worn and should be replaced.

All headliners are in great shape! No sagging or holes, etc.

The carpeting is worn in some places, the biggest spot is in the
passenger door sill, there is about a 3 inch bald spot.

The center console is in great condition and all the various buttons
work like new! Has original stock ASI radio.

The instrument cluster binnacle has a normal amount of sun damage on
top with a moderate crack on top.

The car fires right up and idles like a champ!! I havent heard too
many other deloreans (3 total now) but this car idled smooth as can
be, better than my own car.

All things considered, in my opinion the car is good for the price
you are paying. I also paid $12,000 for mine, but yours is in better
shape. In fact it is better all around than my own car! I was
considering a trade in. >8^)

One other thing, the people at Eugene Executive Auto are worried
about the auction. The are concerned that they have had minimal
contact with you and really want a phone call.

I hope the info I provided will help you!

Adam Price
vin 16683