Re: [DML] Re: TOBY-TAB update

I think it was also discussed in the past that the bolt itself, under normal movement, will pivot and the end of the bolt will move around - and beng held captive by this bracket may either affect the movement of the rear arm (and I for one think there MUST have been some reason it was done in this apparently poor way - Lotus is not known for making mistakes in this sort of thing!) or simply not work at all.

I've done several sets of TABs and finding a strait OEM bolt is somewheat of a novelty. Here'a an example

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/newparts1.html#tabs

(that particular bolt was cut out, but is laid out in the photo in its original shape)

As for price... well, I personally think $60 is damn good value for insurance alone. How manu potentially dangerous design flaws can be corrected with such a small and simple outlay?

Martin

PS We don't supply those bolts to the US.

Tom wrote:

Hi Shannon and all interested

Again, speaking of the bolt's quality - agreed. It's just a bit pricey
Speaking of the whole setup, well, let's say that it's not perfect. But what
you are suggesting (the bracket) looks like a joke.