Re: [DML] Re: TOBY-TAB update Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:14:16 +0100

Re: [DML] Re: TOBY-TAB update Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:14:16 +0100

Hi Shannon and all interested

Again, speaking of the bolt's quality - agreed. It's just a bit pricey
Speaking of the whole setup, well, let's say that it's not perfect. But what
you are suggesting (the bracket) looks like a joke. I'm sorry to say this,
but I honestly thought that it was some kind of a joke when I saw the
pictures. By looking at it I would say that the only thing this bracked does
is catch the bolt in case it brakes in half. Honestly, how much force can
this bracket support? 3 pounds... maybe. Probably less. What it might do is
cause the epoxy on the frame to crack becase it will trasfer some force to
the 'lip' on the frame which is not designed to carry any load.
I'm sorry but I must strongly disagee with this bracket design. In my
opinion it might do more bad than good.

BTW, My previous DeLorean (vin 06298) had well over 60k miles on it when I
sold it. It had OEM TABs and they were straight and tight. No brackets, no
replacement bolts, no improvements of any sort.

Take care
Tom Niemczewski
tomcio@xxxx
vin 6149 (5-speed)
Save the dream so you can live the dream.