Re: TOBY-TAB update

With all this talk about the trailing arm bolts I guess nothing is
indestructable. The BEST advice, no matter what kind of bolts you are
using, is to inspect the trailing arm bolts and washers OFTEN. A
"trick" that is often used on aircraft is to use "witness marks". This
is nothing more than a fancy nail polish. You put it on the part you
want to watch like a bolt head or nut. Spread enough so it goes in a
line over the head of the bolt onto the washer. Now when you inspect
and you see the nail polish is cracked you know something moved. You
could also use a magic marker and write the # of washers nearby on the
frame so when you inspect or work in that area you know how many are
supposed to be there. Ask your wife or girlfriend for some of her old
nail polish, they all have some that they will never use, and put it
in your tool box. If anyone asks, it is to do a quick touch-up if you
chip a nail while you are working on the car! I also use it so if
anyone messes with a part I know immediatly if it was touched. It is
also handy when you take things apart, after centerpunching you can
put a drop in the dimple to make it easier to see.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757