Re: Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Re: Where to check for water leaks into the car?

There was a service bulletin issued by DMC on sealing body leaks. You
can buy it from the Delorean venders. I don't know if it is sold
separately but it comes in a book of all the service bulletins and
recalls. It has also been reprinted in some of the Delorean magazines
from time to time if you can get your hands on one. I think it was in
an old DW. If your inertia switch was by the gas pedal make sure it
has a splotch of white paint on it. If it doesn't, get the updated one
and mount it on the side near the bonnet release as per the recall.
Remove the carpets, dry them thoughly and use something with a
mildewcide in it so you don't get mold growing under the carpet. When
you get that much water in a car and you park it in the sun on a hot
day the windows will fog up from all of the moisture so dry it out
completely. You might consider a good car cover if you leave it out in
the rain again.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRC1216@xxxx wrote:
> Hey All.
> I took my D on its first long trip over Thanksgiving (longest trip
since I have owned it). It rained for a full day on the car in the
parking lot, and when I went out to check on it after 10 hours of
constant drizzle, I reached and felt under the carpet where your feet
go and it was SOAKED underneath. This was on the passenger side and
the driver's side. I could see standing water next to the seats when
I lifted the carpet up. Frantic, I stole all the towels I could find
and mopped the water out every 3 hours. When I got home I used a
garden hose and found that water was leaking where the old inertia
switch used