Re: George Barris

Hey All,
Just got back from Gatlinburg, Tennessee (just minutes away from Pigeon
Forge, home of the DeLorean Car Show 2004!!!)
and we took in the Star Cars Museum there, because in the upper story
window, they have prominently displayed a Barris 'BTTF' DeLorean.
I couldn't resist.
I was told this is the one purchased from the Florida car museum (as
Barris has done this to more than one DeLorean.) It's pretty pitiful.
The DeLorean itself looked like it deserved better. Nice and clean.
The conversion was missing parts and sections, and some areas looked
like the workers had not even seen the movie, much less had pictures to
go by.
The best part of the car was the display it sat in.
I've posted a few pictures in the photo albums. New folder called
Barris 'Movie' DeLorean(s).
Note the nasty hydraulic ram bolted to the top of the car from one door
to the other. I think this was once used to 'flap', or partially open
and close the doors for display.
I have a photo of another Barris DeLorean I saw in his shop in
California that I'll try to find and add.
Only one thing seems to be consistent: The Barris Crest emblem he
sticks onto every car.
Oliver Holler
10694 (Time-Car)