Blinking side marker lights

Martin / Jan / other electrical geniuses - I just did the
modification to Winged1 to cause the side markers to blink with the
turn signals and emergency flashers, but I am experiencing an
unusual problem with my car. The right hand side appears to be
functioning flawlessly under all conditions. However, on the left
side, I experience a very slow and erratic blink when the lights are
on, and the car is off (but the key is in "on" position). When I
start the engine, the system voltage goes up to 14.4 volts, and I
get a fast blink on the left side, but all bulbs are good. When I
load up the system at idle with lights, fans, etc., the left blink
goes to very slow, and sometimes stops. I suspected a weak flasher
relay, so I picked up a generic heavy duty flasher at NAPA. The
fuses for turn signals and emergency flashers immmediately blew with
the new relay. I'm guessing that the Lucas relay behaves
differently than the generic parts in terms of "parking at ground,
etc." Is there a heavy duty relay that works like the OEM Lucas
(only better), or do I simply need a fresh standard duty relay? Any
other ideas spring to mind? BTW - I did all four markers, and I
like it alot. Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - "flashier than ever"