Is a return spring hooked to accelerator pedal itself (wraps around
brake booster connecting rod). Try turning it one more time.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie Golden <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> What do I do if my throttle arm isn't returning all the way? The
spring is already on the second setting. I tried lubing the linkage...
still the throttle will stick at about 1100-1400 rpm's after the car
has been driven. I can revv the engine and it will get enough momentum
to make the throttle arm return all the way. What should I do? Is a
new throttle spool spring an option? Obviously I need more tension.

> Louie Golden
> VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC
>
> --- "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> A couple of quick things to check:
> a vacuum hose may have fallen off or developed a leak
> The plug for the mixture screw is missing
> bad ignition wires
> sticking throttle cable not allowing the idle micro to "set"
> Dirty, fouled spark plug
> leaking cold start valve
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

> Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a
href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>