Re: Ignition system failure = faulty coil

Re: Ignition system failure = faulty coil

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I had bought a "new" Accel SuperStock coil. When I opened the box,
> the paint was a much lighter/worn out shade of yellow than I
> expected. It had small ding in the bottom and some scratches. I
> shrugged and put it in. I -should- have gone back to Pep Boys and
> asked them "What the hell is this?!"
<SNIP>

Stay as far away from ANY products that Accel makes! Their products
are total crap. The wires have cheap shielding, that will easily
crack in hot conditinos, and their coils are the weakest I've seen. I
had the EXACT same problem as you, except after I jump started the
car, it ran fine. And I didn't have a dead battery, the coil output
is just that weak! And many other gear heads that I've spoken to have
had the same problem with other makes of cars, where the Accel coils
are not powerful enough to turn motors over. Accel Coils themselves
do not seem to like extreme weather conditions, or engines that are
even slightly out of tune. So to be fair, these can be contributing
factors, yes. But I would prefer a part that works properly in ANY
condition.

Granted it sounds like you got a used part, which shouldn't have
happened. So technicly, who knows in what condition it was in. But as
a rule of thumb, stay away from Accel products. When I comes to
replacement components of the ignition system, you best bets are
either OEM, BOSCH, or MSD. And in many cases, some manufacturers
straight reccomend going to BOSCH anyways.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"