Ignition system failure = faulty coil

Ok peoples, here's what went down:

After spending some time with John on the phone, I got back to the
car and started running tests. I had vdc when cranking, (blu/yellow)
vdc in the "run" position, The resistance across the pulse (pickup)
coil was correct, the coil had the correct voltage, resistance across
the coil from + to - was correct, the resistance from + to the socket
was correct.

I used an icepick light to see the pulse on the coil, I heard the RPM
relay doing it's thing. I couldn't find anything wrong except for the
fact that a test plug in the coil wouldn't spark. Now if the coil is
defective, I'd expect to find a bad resistance reading but I didn't.

But hey, follow the bouncing ball. I had "flow" everywhere except the
coil tower so a new coil and $47.00 later I'm back on the road.

Here's the sand in my eye:

I had bought a "new" Accel SuperStock coil. When I opened the box,
the paint was a much lighter/worn out shade of yellow than I
expected. It had small ding in the bottom and some scratches. I
shrugged and put it in. I -should- have gone back to Pep Boys and
asked them "What the hell is this?!"

Apparently someone took an old coil and slapped a shiny sticker on
it. Now, for my trouble I have a stock coil in the car because the
parts house didn't have anything else and I had to get the car out of
there.

Oh well. At least the solution was simple..and it wasn't raining.
Thanks for the help guys.

Rich