DeLorean Values, etc.

OK... I've been wanting to start a thread on this for a while... I guess I'm feeling controversial. So I figured what better time than following the Monster Garage debate? So here we go. How does everyone feel about the current values of the DeLoreans... and what do they want to see happen to them in the future?

I bring this up because of a comment Ken Koncelik recently made replying to a post about me looking for a nice driver for under $20k. He responded by saying that I really can't find a nice driver for under $20k anymore. I was somewhat taken aback by this because this is simply another tactic people are employing to raise the DeLorean's values. A lot of people really want to see the car's values go up, so they put asking prices of their cars up high, and then drop little subtleties like this (I hope you don't take offense Ken... I'm just singling you out like I often do to Rich W).

Though I'm somewhat of a purist, I like the DeLorean's values just where they are right now. They're accessible to almost anyone who wants one bad enough. Anyone who's been in the hobby the past several years has noticed that DeLorean owners seem to get younger and younger. I think that's a great thing... those who are truly passionate about the cars can in fact own one! I'm sure most owners would like to see a decent return on their investments eventually. But I guess I'm in the minority in the fact that I'm really not thinking about that... and couldn't care less. I bought a DeLorean because I loved the car, and wouldn't have sold mine for any amount of money offered to me. So what's everyone elses opinions on the matter?

Louie Golden

Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>