Re: Driving History (DeLorean Values, etc.)

Re: Driving History (DeLorean Values, etc.)

Nice thing about DeLo's is they put posession of honest to goodness
historical artifact within most people's reach. Initial purchase,
ongoing maintainence, actual use, etc.

For example, I'm also mad about Boeing 707's. But I can't very well
buy one. Even if I could, wouldn't have anywhere to store it. Couldn't
maintain it or fly it. Is a piece of history forever out of my grasp.

While working on my D sometimes try to imagine what it looked like
riding around Dunmurry on its Tellus. Imagine the Irish hands that
turned the same fastener I'm turning nearly quarter century later. If
I had a time machine, what would it be like to wander down rows and
rows of identical cars until I found *MINE*, the same car now sitting
in my driveway, fresh off the factory floor.

Now you know why my hands look the way they do. Should pay closer
attention to what I'm doing rather than letting my mind wander...

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie Golden <louie@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Though I'm somewhat of a purist, I like the DeLorean's values just
where they are right now. They're accessible to almost anyone who
wants one bad enough. Anyone who's been in the hobby the past several
years has noticed that DeLorean owners seem to get younger and
younger. I think that's a great thing... those who are truly
passionate about the cars can in fact own one! I'm sure most owners
would like to see a decent return on their investments eventually. But
I guess I'm in the minority in the fact that I'm really not thinking
about that... and couldn't care less. I bought a DeLorean because I
loved the car, and wouldn't have sold mine for any amount of money
offered to me. So what's everyone elses opinions on the matter?

> Louie Golden

> Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a
href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>