Re: Replacing the Fuel Accumulator

If you wait 10 min any pressure in the system should be gone
especially if the accumulater is shot (that's what is supposed to hold
the pressure up so if it is bad the pressure will drop quickly). You
do have to be careful about spilling fuel on yourself, especially in
your eyes so wear eye protection and have a pan nearby to catch any
spilled fuel. Be careful of any drop lights or other sources of
ignition. This should be done in a well ventilated garage. Remove the
rubber hose on the end first and let it drain. You MUST NOT DAMAGE THE
METAL LINES!!!!!!! If you do it could require raising the body to
replace them. Use metric open end wrenches that fit properly and hold
back so you don't twist the lines. This is a tight place to work. If
the rubber hose on the end looks all cracked up you might want to
replace it. It isn't highly pressurized so any good automotive fuel
line will do.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanss@xxxx wrote:
> I am about to go through the process of replacing my fuel
accumulator, which