Re: [DML] Funny Delorean Stories

I had a really interesting experience a while back. Bill Robertson and myself were coming back from the SEDOC meet, and Bill's DeLorean decided to rupture a coolant hose in west Charlotte at about 10pm. For those who don't know, west Charlotte is a tad shady to say the least. Well while Bill was underneath his DeLorean repairing the hose and drowning in coolant, I held theflashlight for him so he could halfway see to work. During this time I hadall sorts of vagrants and all other types of people come up and chat with me about the cars. Everyone was actually incredibly friendly and truly excited to see them.... until a guy I've named Sniffles came along... lol. He and his posse jumped out of their BMW convertible and came over and demandedthat he buy the DeLorean I was driving on the spot. I explained to him that it was on loan to me for the weekend since I just wrecked mine, and I couldn't sell it to him. This didn't stop Sniffles... he said he had $20,000 in his car right now, and that he wanted to take it RIGHT NOW. He demanded Itake him to the owners house, which I refused to do. We went round and round for about 20 minutes before he got the hint that he wasn't going to leave with the car... lol. He kept saying how awesome the "chrome" body was too... and I kept correcting him that it was stainless steel... but he had decided it was chrome, and I was wrong. He actually opened up the door at one point and plopped down into the seat. I was just amazed... I'd never seen anyone act like this in my entire life. I just didn't know how to react. I probably would have reacted a lot more negatively had I not been seriously outnumbered by his very large counterparts (I'm not tiny either... I'm about6'3" tall). I don't think Bill ever heard a single word of the event. Well, Sniffles finally got bored with the car, and got peeved and told his buddies that he didn't want the thing anyways, and that "let's go get some sniffles and go to tha club," and they hopped in their car and sped off. Anyhow... I've had all sorts of crazy people come up and say the most rediculous things to me when driving a DeLorean... but this event takes the cake of the craziest encounter... lol.

-Louie Golden
VIN- Coming again very soon :-)

Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>