RE: [DML] vacuum problem analysis please!

RE: [DML] vacuum problem analysis please!

Andy, I cut out a lot of the message to get to the question. Is the enging
hot or cold while performing the test. Also, you can bypass the vacuum
solenoid and go straight to the ignition and see if you have the same
results.
The green air pivot switch or vacuum swithch works off the hot or cold water
in the internal water pipe. When the coolant is cold the vacuum is routed to
the WUR and the vacuum is shut off to the solenoid for the ignition
distributor advance. After the coolant heats up, the valve closes the vacuum
to the WUR and then is directed to the vacuum solenoid for the ignition
distributor. But, If the car is at idle and the micro switch is tripped and
is working, then the vacuum solenoid is electrically shuts off vacuum to
the ignition distributor to advance the timing untill the idle speed
microswitch is dis engauged.
The other problem with the fuel seems to be the WUR allowing the control
plunger in the FD to rise to high creating and enrichment or there is a
vacuum leak which I know you would have checked.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com