Re: vacuum problem analysis please!

You keep coming back to the vacuum advance. Just put a vacuum source
on it and see if it moves. Measure for vacuum before and after the
electric valve. Having it connected in reverse causes the vacuum
advance to stay "stuck" in advance as the vacuum isn't dumped. Make
sure the mechanical advance is not stuck. If your eyes are burning
from the exhaust it IS running too rich. The causes include a mixture
screw way out of adjustment, a dirty injector, a misfiring cylinder, a
leaking cold start valve.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757