Emission Testing: NOx

Hi All,

I have a yellow painted '83 in Akron Ohio and ran into some problems last
Friday when trying to get through the emissions testing in Akron. In
previous tests since 1997, when I bought the car, it passed with flying
colors. This time though apparently the Ohio tests now include NO ( nitrogen
oxides ) testing which my car failed with a reading of 1650 against a max
allowable of 1500 ( I believe ).

If anyone out there has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate hearing them
as all I can think to do is to richen up the mixture a little as NOx is
produced by higher combustion temps. Perhaps also retard the spark a little.
I don't hold out much hope for these two dodges since they would both tend
to raise the hydrocarbons.

As always thanks in advance to the list.

George Ryerson