Re: State Inspection

In Washington state, we have state-run inspection stations that test
for emissions and gas cap only. The current emissions test is on a
dyno, but they allow rear wheel drive cars to be operated by the
owners. When I took Winged1 in last time, they couldn't put it on the
dyno because the car is too low. When the car settles onto the
rollers, the underbody is resting lightly on the floor. After much
review, considerable discussion amongst the workers, and a call to a
district manager, they simply gave me a static test (off the dyno) and
sent me on my way. The whole episode caused quite an uproar around
the station for awhile, until they got management involved. It was
quite comical. The car passed with no issues.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - lowered about 3.5 inches in front, 1.75 inches in back

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>