From: David Teitelbaum [mailto:jtrealty@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 1:33 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] State Inspection

I just had my car inspected today by a State of New Jersey inspection
station. They are being operated by a private company under contract by
the State. New Jersey is 1 of only 2 states that has a "hybrid" system
ie: you can go to a "state" inspection station, or a PIF (private
inspection facility) aka a certified gas station. The inspectors argued
over who was going to get the chance to "do" the car. They couldn't find
the horn, gas tank, catalytic converter etc. They won't let you near the
car, sending you to a little shelter at the far end while they get to
play with your car. I stayed close so I could watch the antics. ..........