DeLorean spare tire

A question popped up to my mind, all the way since I read from one DeLorean website that the trunk ( do you really call it trunk when it's in front of the car? A Finnish word for it 'tavaratila' does not specify where in the car it is, does the word 'trunk'?) Anyway, that's off the subject...

I read that the spare tire is located, where is most cars, under the trunk. And as in most cars, it is a compact, smaller than the normal wheels. One thing that caught my interest was that it said that the trunk won't fit the regular wheel. So if a blowout does occur, where would you put the blown tire? In the lap of the passenger? Or is there an empty space in the rear on the engine lid, could you put the wheel there or is the lid strong enough to carry some weight? Or do you clog some exhaust-intake vents by doing so?

I have nevver seen a DeLorean, although I will go test drive one and the only DeLorean in this country next week, but by looking at the pictures it seems that there's an empty space on the engine.

What would you do if you'd have a tire blow out and you'd have to put on the spare tire, leave the blown out tire and wheel on the road ?

/JD