Re: Storage barn conversion?

It is important to keep moisture from the floor (ground) from coming
up into the underside of the car. The moisture collects on the
underside of the car and causes the frame to rust and allows bugs
(spiders) to live under the car. The car (if stored for long periods
of inactivity) should be lifted off the wheels and all fluids drained
out. The battery should also be removed. The building should be
"tight" enough that small animals cannot get in and cause trouble with
the cars. Mice and other rodents can fit through incredably small
holes so you must close ANY opening that they could possibly use. They
will tear out the stuffing from the seats and use it to make nests.
They defficate and urinate in the cars and really make it nasty. They
chew the wiring up. It is best if you can control the temperature so
as to keep it from getting too hot or too cold. There should be no
ozone producing equipment like an old electric motor with brushes.
Keep sunlight off the cars from windows or skylights. Cover the car
with a blanket to keep the dust and dirt off. Try not to hang anything
near the car that could possibly fall on it and damage it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757