Storage barn conversion?

DMCers,

My father has just given me one of his farmyard Barns (built 1890, 3ft thick
stone walls, slate roof) in N.Ireland as a permanent storage facility for my
DeLoreans and m'cycles collection.

Has anyone any experience with the best way to store vehicles. I'm thinking
of even installing an underfloor heating system to keep the damp/cold at bay
during the winter. Also insulation between rafters.

I am an Architect so should know the technics, but would prefer to hear some
real life experiences/preferences.

Regards, IAN (Hong Kong)