Re: [DML] Just changed to SS Clutch line, better, but REVERSE and 1st ge

Re: [DML] Just changed to SS Clutch line, better, but REVERSE and 1st gear STILL

RedLine is a brand of very expensive "boutique" lubricants - mostly
available thru your better high-performance vendors. You want their
product called Redline MTL. It's intended for use where 90W is
specified. The downside is that the DMC transaxle holds about a
gallon of the stuff, so it comes out as a $50 oil change. Upside is
you really only need to do it every 10 years or so. . . Actually last
time I bought the Valvoline stuff it wasn't much cheaper than that.

The DMC factory spec is 90W gear oil.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "michael townsley" <townfour@xxxx>
wrote:
> My car was stored for over 13 years....I think I am probably using
21 year
> old 90 weight oil....outside of Valvoline synthetic, what is
Redline...is it
> a 90 weight oil? What weight of lube oil should I use?
>
> Michael W. Townsley
> townfour@xxxx

times.