Re: Wow! Is that a Bricklin?

I had Winged1 in a car show inside an upscale shopping mall in
Bellevue, Washington, along with 10 other DeLoreans from PNDC. A
gentleman (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) walked up, remarked
"Wow, stainless steel, huh?", and proceeded to rap his knuckles on the
left front fender. His assumption was that it was built like a bank
vault door. He then asked "So, how much do these body panels cost,
anyway?" I said that the fender he was beating on was .012" thick,
and cost nearly $4,000 new (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration!). He
very quickly put his hands in his pockets, muttered some lame apology,
and shuffled off. That seems to be the main assumption that people
have about the stainless steel - that it's indestructible. As far as
the fingerprints go, I've given up trying to understand why people can
walk by a refrigerator without giving it a second thought, but they
MUST touch a car made from the same stuff.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx>