Wow! Is that a Bricklin?

Hello List,

Yep, that's the first question I get most of the time from people when
I'm out with my DMC. (The second question is usually "How much is it
worth?") It's either "Is that a Bricklin?" or "Was it built in Nova
Scotia?". Now, I have nothing against Bricklins and would even like
to have one someday, (Ford 351 ci V-8 in a gull-wing car - Awesome!),
but I find it really strange that I get asked that question so many
times. After all, The Delorean was the star (after Michael J. Fox) in
one of the most well-known movies of all time. How many people do you
know who have NOT seen Back To The Future? Young or old, most people
have seen the movie. Not only that, with all the media frenzy during
the demise of DMC and John Z's so-called "drug-scandal" back then, how
can anyone not know what a Delorean is? In all three of the BTTF
movies, the time-machine is referred to as a Delorean several times,
not a Bricklin. To be honest, it really doesn't bother me and I'm
more than happy to answer people's questions about my car, let them
check it out, sit in it, etc., but I'm just curious as to why I get
asked that so often. Do any of you have the same thing happen, or am
I the only one?

P.S. I'd love to borrow someone's Bricklin for a day, just to see if
people say "Wow! Is that a Delorean?". lol!

Richard Rowe