Overheating problem

I had a little "issue" the other day, and have had problems with
overheating ever since.

Let me start out by stating that the cooling fans ARE working.
(Finally got those fixed, Toby!)

Anyway, as I'm pulling into the parking lot at work, I see steam from
the engine compartment, and see my temp gauge way up high. I park it,
and see that the alternator belt is chewed up and flown off, and the
hose from the overfill to the water pump has come disconnected from
the pump.

So, I reconnected the hose, and replaced both belt.

Drove the car home, and the car was giving erratic temp readings.
But, was definitly still running hot.

I installed the coolant bleeding kit, started it up, and it got up to
220 degrees, at which point I shut off the car. I did this once
yesterday, and once today. It normally does not run this hot.

No fluids are leaking, and when I run the car without the cap on the
overfill tank, I see no "spurts" of fluid coming into the tank.

I always assumed when a water pump goes bad, it leaks coolant. I
replaced the water pump 3 years ago..is it bad already?

Thoughts?